Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Job well done!

Ahoy crew,
Great news for the '09 crew & Wombat! Both so called newbies in this & they have performed exceptionally well. Impressive as in the words of Lord Vader!!!


The experienced '08 crew & the Rovers too have done White Stag proud. For honour & glory eh guys!!! No guts, no glory, they're just kids! heh


Below is the appreciation letter from the CSL of Casuarina Primary. Though I know I miss something great, I know my family must come first now. Don't fret, so far you doing a-okay, the ship's not sinking YET!


From: Wong Pih May
Date: Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 4:17 PM
Subject: Re: White Stag - Cub Scout Service Project 2009
To: "Norman (Marlin)"
Cc: Casuarina ACSL Edger, Casuarina ACSL Mr Shahrin


Dear Marlin,

Yes! The White Stag -Cub Scout Project 2009 has definitely provided my unit with much help!


The 46 cubs who went for the jobweek have benefitted much from the ventures and rovers' guidance.


The White Stag Ventures and Rovers were very patient. They were clear of their roles and facilitated the cubs' learning very smoothly. I was moving around the neighbourhood with my other leaders to capture pictures and videos of the jobweek activities. I am impressed by how the ventures and rovers talked and guided the little cubs. I must say this is the true scouting spirit.


At the end of the project, which ended at 4pm, the ventures actually stayed back to helped out with our UG Campfire. The Assist Venture Scout Leader, Wombat, together with the ventures have helped to build up the ambience for the campfire.


On behalf of my unit, I thank you sincerely for providing us with so much help in the admirable scouting spirit! Cheers!


Ms Rae Wong
SH NE/ Global Outreach
Casuarina Primary School


P/S: I have prepared some tokens of appreciation and also pictures. WIll see how I can pass them to you.


Ok next would be 9 to 10 May whereby Ms Goh of Meridien have asked us to help them in their Mid-year camp's campfire similar to last year (whereby Basha ran to IKEA!!!). More details to come. The question is, are you all free from exams during that time???

No comments: